Friday, November 4, 2011

Sand and a Seat

This week in my painting, sand washed up from the marsh.  A light tan, mixed from Titanium White, Raw Umber Violet, Yellow Ochre, and Viridian.  Yes, Viridian.  I didn't see it when I first picked up the photo myself, but the marsh grass seems to actually reflect some of its light on the sand.  I tried to dab in the effect as best as I could but this is still the base coat, there is plenty of room for refinement later on.


Next, a chair was constructed with Titanium White, Viridian and Phthalo Blue.  The geometry was attempted to get as close to the adirondack's as possible, but once again, it may need to be changed a bit later on.

Finally a fire pit popped up mixed with the same colors as the sand, just different shades.  Now all that is left to block in is the final chair, so that a happy family can walk into the painting and enjoy the view.

~ The Anonymous Bard 11/4/11

No comments:

Post a Comment